Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving...Already?!

Alright...Why is it the holiday season always sneaks up on me? Wasn't it just yesterday that summer was ending, and the kids were starting school again? How come time didn't move this fast when we were in school? Remember the endless days from our past? Everything moves so fast now. Mama warned me this would happen...She always was right! This time of year always makes me miss her. Family was so important to her, and I must admit, she did a good job of passing that down to her only daughter. My greatest wish is that I can do the same for my daughter! We actually had Thanksgiving dinner at our house yesterday, and everything was wonderful!! It was probably the first time in ten years that David didn't have to work on Thanksgiving! And, Thank you very much, Jenn and I were the ones actually on time this year, and we even had time to spare!! Turkey, ham, regular and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, dressing, gravy, rolls, and enough desserts to send a diabetic into a coma! Lots of laughs and good conversation. Monkey children hanging from the trees! Ending with the guys stretched out on the couches watching the movie that was started for the kids (Disney's "Cars"), and even a little not-so-lite snoring....And don't forget the "Harry Potter" marathon....What a great day! Family has always been important to me, even as a child. And maybe losing my mom so early in my life has magnified that emotion. But I want to be sure that all my family, both nuclear and extended, know just how much they mean to me. Thank you for being there for me...babysitters, counselors, sounding posts, critics, medical assistance, nutritional assistance, whatever your role! God has blessed me greatly with a wonderful cast of family members! Hope your Thanksgiving was as memorable as ours! Oh, and as for Rowdy and Ryder, they are still hanging out for now. They are definitely moving downward and causing an roucus, but no special Thanksgiving appearance....I'm still hoping for the 10th of December..Mom's birthday!

No comments: